Welcome to the
Hispanic Genealogical Research Center
of New Mexico
The HGRC maintains and presents online the Great New Mexico Pedigree Database (GNMPD) using the WebTrees software. WebTrees allows multiple operators to input genealogical data that is available for viewing in real time. Much of the data and many features presented by WebTrees are available to the general public. More details and features are available to the registered user. Registration for a username and password is an easy process initiated by selecting "Login" on the WebTrees page. The GNMPD in its original format will continue to be maintained for some time with considerable time lag.
What is the HGRC?
The HGRC-NM is a genealogy research society founded in June of 1993.
We are a non-profit society organized for the purposes of:
1. Encouraging and nurturing the interests of its members in the pursuit of their Hispanic ancestors and history by providing a common ground wherein they can come together to share their genealogical knowledge and research.
2. Instructing others in the methods of Hispanic genealogical research and to provide an awareness of Hispanic tradition, culture and history.
3. Facilitating the expansion and development of the opportunities for Hispanic genealogical and historical research for its members, other interested individuals, and those organizations having like interests.
4. Promoting the utilization of genealogical collections, Church and government records, and other materials to ensure the correctness and the proper documentation of all research.
5. Developing and promoting liaison with the Hispanic community, other genealogical societies and organizations having like interests.
6. Providing and maintaining a genealogy database of the Hispanic ancestors of New Mexico and their descendants. (Known as the Great New Mexico Pedigree Database.)
The HGRC-NM publishes a monthly newsletter "NOTICIAS", a Quarterly Journal "HERENCIA", and makes a variety of other genealogical and historical research/reference materials available to the membership and public at large. To join us in an exciting journey of pride and heritage, print and mail your membership form today. The monthly newsletter "Noticias" will likely be phased out because of the time and money required to publish.
Banner photo courtesy National Park Service